An SQL error "-911" occurred during processing
Willard Farwark
2006-10-05 17:05:25 UTC
DB2 7.2. I do an export each night of important tables.
Nothing else should be touching the DB at this time.
About every 2 days I get the error below on the same tables
most of the time.
What could be causing this??????

SQL3104N The Export utility is beginning to export data to file
"/db2/data/crprod/exports/TBL_PREMINDERS_CA.ixf".

SQL3015N An SQL error "-911" occurred during processing.

SQL0911N The current transaction has been rolled back because of a deadlock
or timeout. Reason code "2". SQLSTATE=40001

SQL3105N The Export utility has finished exporting "9202778" rows.

Thanks
Shashi Mannepalli
2006-10-05 17:39:49 UTC
Reason Code 02 is a DEAD LOCK.
Reason Code 68 is a LOCK TIME OUT.

So clearly there is a contention for your EXPORT with another process
on that table.
Schedule a DB2 EVENT MONITOR to find the SQL(applications) which are
involved in this DEAD LOCK.

Cheers...
Shashi Mannepalli